Write the first paragraph of your page here.
The Jedi Code was created by Odan-Urr in around 4,000 BBY. It was derived from the The Jedi Mantra.
The Jedi MantraEdit
The Jedi Mantra upon which The Jedi Code is based.
- Emotion, yet peace.
- Ignorance, yet knowledge.
- Passion, yet serenity.
- Chaos, yet harmony.
- Death, yet the Force.
The Jedi CodeEdit
Odan-Urr studied and meditated upon the Jedi Mantra after founding the Great Jedi Library on Ossus and derived from his meditation this Jedi Code:
- There is no emotion, there is peace.
- There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
- There is no passion, there is serenity.
- There is no chaos, there is harmony.
- There is no death, there is the Force.
This version of the Jedi Code was used by the Jedi Order from around 4,000 BBY until the Great Jedi Purge of 19 BBY.
The New Jedi Order's CodeEdit
When Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker recreated the Jedi Order, he changed the Jedi Code to reflect the New Jedi Order's role in the galaxy.
- Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
- Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
- Jedi respect all life, in any form.
- Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
- Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.